Saturday, September 4, 2010

He is Jealous


I was recently listening to a song by David Crowder that really got me thinking. There is a part in the song that goes like this:
he is jealous for me
loves like a hurricane I am a tree
bending benethe the weight of his wind and mercy
I think the concept of God being jealous for us is so hard to grasp!! I mean how can a God that is so powerful be jealous of me. He has the power to snap me into place. The power to pick me up when I'm on the wrong path and yet he waits for me to choose to follow him. He looks over me and becomes jealous when I spend time on facebook or twitter or shopping instead of spending time with Him. I think of how I get jealous of other people and how much more is God jealous for me. And not just portions of me but ALL of me. It really is remarkable and lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment